Thursday, October 10, 2019

XYZ UPDATE-1

Xenith, a poem, Self-Consideration, not sure of acceptance; posted Feb 8, 2012, online np; 6/14/20 added to blog:


Self Consideration


I have reached the day

of small triumphs. In spite

of rain, the eagle sits perched

on a high branch of my tree.

Yesterday, and for several days,

a possum lay dead, only to become

my possum by the road.

Now the carcass is gone.

I think my eagle survives

out of my sight and escaping

my memory.

My self considers

whether so many leaves will fall

for me to think more generously

toward the changing season,

whether summer songbirds will return

next year, or if they will have heard

of my greed for wings and songs.


If so, events will not proceed

according to my plan, to my chagrin.


Yes, Poetry, various acceptances of photos since 2011, but only 6 can I find posted: 

https://yespoetry.tumblr.com/tagged/photography/page/5; AND https://issuu.com/yespoetry/docs/september

Here are 4 that were not published:








Young Ravens Lit Review, a photo, On the Rocks HI 293 rte 72, accepted 10/17/18; posted 12/22/18



No comments:

Post a Comment